Friday, October 24, 2008

sounds

I just asked D what he thought of that sound: the sound of the float plane as it banks over our house and gains elevation after takeoff. He smiles and nods as me. I agree. It is very cool. (we must get that from Papa Beard) It is the only man-made noise around here and the link to the bigger happenings of the world out there, if I choose to go for a ride. I had no idea 'the economy is in crisis' or there was a 'bomb threat on the Pitt River Bridge' unless I decide to watch the news... I think I'll just listen to the sound of the plane.

2 comments:

MamaZ said...

Good idea, Nicole - just listen to the sounds.

HeatherLovesLife said...

I love this little post. I enjoy sometimes finding myself day dreaming about your days in Haida Gwaii. Your posts about the sights, sounds and, weather make my heart smile. Thanks Nic!