Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Weather warning?

B and I are not really '6 o'clock news' watchers or overly interested in the weather forecast. However I wonder if we should be or need to be... apparently there was/is an extreme weather warning and I had no idea about it.

For my local weather forecast; if I see blue sky then it is time to walk the dogs because now is my chance, if there are clouds then rain could come soon so walk the dogs sooner rather than later, if I see the trees swaying I know it is windy and if I hear the wind howling and Wrestler is sitting on my feet then it is really windy and going outside could be challenging, if there is strong wind and rain then do not go outside at all.

Yesterday afterschool it was just 'really windy' so D and I walked to the library. It is close by but much harder to get there then get back home. I told the librarian we were new around here and asked on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the strongest, what kind of wind was this? She said it was pretty close to 10. Not much you can do outside when you can hardly stand up straight without falling over!

n

5 comments:

rachel joy said...

My friends in Rupert are all talking about the big storm they had yesterday (last night?). I bet it was even worse for you. I suggest you watch the weather forcast. :)

Shar Warkentin said...

I was wondering about that storm warning. I heard it on the news here and it sounded rather spectacular!
Thanks for blogging ... I love 'seeing' where you are!

nicole said...

Sure the trees were swaying and there were some branches on the ground the next day but these storm windows are great and you do not know what's happening outside until the wind starts howling. I think these base houses are built like weather bunkers.

Unknown said...

Maybe one day you'll open the door during a storm and it will come right off the hinge. Then you'll know you need to stay home! HA!

Battleys said...

I love your weather forcasting, Nicole! It's great to see you're all having a wonderful time there :o) I'm jealous!
DebB