Wednesday, October 8, 2008

testing 123...

We just got the internet hooked up yesterday and are now online in Masset, QCI. We are again connected to the world at large!



The boys started school today and they are coming home for lunch so this is a short and sweet first entry. To summarize our adventure so far:


  • my u-haul packing crew was awsome and THANKS SO MUCH for your help

  • the drive up was slow and steady. the boys were split up the whole way, one with me in the truck and one in the u-haul with nana/papa Harris so there were no 'issues'. the dogs also travelled really well. The only trouble I had in Rupert was a flat on the trailer which Ben was there to fix for me

  • the midnight ferry was smooth sailing. I stocked up on gravol and didn't need to open the box

  • the deep freeze full of food was still frozen when I got here

  • the rental house is nicer than I was expecting it to be. 3 levels with steep stairs, new paint, newish carpets, decent appliances.

  • the school is also closer than I thought it would be. we can see it down the trail from the front door.

  • the weather has been a mixed bag of rain, sun, rain, sun, rain, sun... there are always puddles on the ground

  • we took a drive 2 mins out of town to the dunes on the beach. So peaceful and beauiful I can not describe (pics will some soon).

signing off for now... more interesting observations and family experiences coming soon.

nicole




4 comments:

Bruce H said...

It was really a fun trip up, Julie and Danman sang so loud that Nic was sure she could hear them.

Unpacking the UHaul was a treat there was alot of stuff Of course the work out area was the first room to be set up. That was a job wrestling those huge mats all the way to their basement.

Nic is right It is really beautiful and peaceful up there we can't wait to go back to visit hopefully next spring or fall.

nicole said...

My drive up was peace and quiet... Jake was plugged into the PSP and so I had no music competition from him.
The nana and papa muscles were a huge help in unpacking... Ben and I would have been up all night unloading without you guys. THX!

Mendteam said...

Very cool Nicole! Keirsten and I would like to see more pics of beautiful Haida G'wai (sp???) We look forward to more posts and I am jealous of your commute!!!!! love Denise Paul Keirsten and Logan

Unknown said...

Very descriptive and informative Nicole. I'm glad you guys had a great trip. When Regan, Brent & I moved down here from Prince Rupert, we went at a slow and steady pace too but we ran into a lightning storm. Lightning struck near our truck just as we were pulling into Prince George.
Take care, keep in touch.
Love Jennifer
xoxox