Sunday, April 5, 2009

March pics

Our trip started off with a week of performances at UBC MOA. An amazing venue the hold the Wi Yah Hani Nah festival; in the presence of these old poles. Here is a pic of our pre-game chat.

The family :)

During the second week of the trip, the boys were in Hawaii (with their little cousins) so imagine some pics of them digging holes in the sand and surfing the big waves. Meanwhile, Ben caught a plane back home (apparently he had all the city he could handle) and I had my eyes zapped. There were no action shots of me putting drops in my eyes 100 times a day or my movie star sunglasses worn in the rain, out for lunch, in the grocery store...

The third week we did some more visiting around the old hood.

Climbing with papa.



Hot tubbing at RD's house.


A week after my eye surgery, I could finally drive and I had a lot of super sized shopping to do. Thankfully the days I did my big shops the weather was good. Did you know it takes at least 20 mins to pack up $1000 of groceries into the back of the truck?

By departure day we were more than ready to get back home, we missed B and the dogs :( The drive was fantastic with my girl L along for the trek. She had never been west of PG before so with all the scenery/towns she slept through, she will have to do the drive again with me one day :)


Sunny skies and cold in Moricetown. The Skeena River was still very frozen.

We stopped in Williams Lake for a visit with friends of L. When 2 girls are chatting and driving, even the most obvious landmarks of 'turn at the blue barn' can be missed. With a trailer in tow, there has to be enough room to turn around even if that means driving 5 km farther down the road to a pull out. Secondly, space must be allowed to slow down this rig from highway speeds or else the 'turn at the blue barn' can be missed.
By the end of the drive my trailer skills were stellar. I parallel parked at the Keg in PG just to find the line up inside was too long and we would not stay. I got us parked in the lot at the hotel and then decided if any more cars showed up over night and blocked my escape route we would be stuck. Fortunately, the hotel front desk lady gave us rock star parking in the bus zone. Nice.
Sunday night we had to unload the motorcycle in the Rupert ferry lot, carry 2 huge white plastic bags of wrestling mats to the passenger baggage cart, and return the trailer in the freezing cold rain/snow/wind and then get back into the ferry line up (it was getting late, after 10pm) for the overnight cruise. Too bad there were no pics of that chaos L?
In Masset, we had 48 hrs so show L all around town (yeah, that takes about 10 mins) even got out to some ship wreaks and Tow hill for some pics. lots of fun.
till next time :)
n

No comments: