Saturday, April 18, 2009

badminton, buffet dinner, theatre, playground, and books

What do all these things have in common?? nothing!



Top of this entry I will cut/paste my note I just sent to family/friends about the boys school playground fundraiser...



The boys school has a big fundraiser happening to raise money for a new playground. The old climbing structure is made of wood and it is rotting away; every week a board is dismantled because it is unsafe. Time to get a new one!

We are doing a raffle fundraiser with fantastic prizes...

1st prize: 1/2 in. silver bracelet by James Sawyer (your choice of design)

2nd prize: 2 prints by Reg Davidson (2 eagle and frog)

3rd prize: Argelite Eagle necklace carved by Vern Williams donated by Sara's Longhouse

Tickets are $5 each or 3 for $10. Draw date April 27. If you want to support our Playground effort, check to see if your online banking has "email money transfer" then I can put your name on a ticket ASAP.



J had a great showing at the badminton round robin in Port this week. 3 and 0. The hours of summertime extreme badminton in the PoCo backyard earned him a spot on the school squad. All he had to do was catch up on the rules and he was good to go. Our school won in overall points so now we play the winner of the south island in the final.



Last night we went to a buffet dinner in the village. It was a fundraiser for the Culinary Arts program. great fun, great food, lots of people!



After the dinner, a few of us went on to see a live theatre show at the hall in town. It was called Here We Speak One Language: A Spring Celebration of Story. It had great music, a creative set, and an insightful storyline. Another full house event.



This morning, I went out for a walk/jog with my buddy K along the loop trail and on the way back through town we stopped to visit the gang at the Masset Firefighters Car Wash (too bad my boys washed the truck last weekend) and I was able to borrow the latest book club book, called "Three Cups of Tea" (check it out on chapters.ca). I have to read it by next Sunday evening and K wants to read it too, better get reading.



I also got an email that my library book was ready to pick up, called "The Shack". I have been waiting since November to get my turn so I have 2 weeks for that one. If reading books is the biggest timeline stress I have around here, that's ok by me!



Almost forgot about Revenue Canada paperwork to file pretty quick. I knew there was something I was suppose to get done :)



n

No comments: