Friday, April 3, 2009

good to be back home...

after such a whirlwind trip to Van. It was a busy 3 1/2 weeks. Quite strange to be thrown back into our old routine, I was quite out of practice actually. The first few days at UBC I did not have any food for my crew. Back in the day, I was always prepared to fuel my guys with drinks from a cooler and bag of pre-made sandwiches and bars, even had enough to share, but not this time. We were mooching food off everyone (Mrs. Vickies chips make a great dinner). I kept forgetting to lock the truck doors and I was a bit spacially challenged when it came to parking lots with lines and obstacles.

It was great to see you all and eat some crapes, sleep in the basement/pull out couch, play a few hands of poker, go in the hot tub, hang at the gym, visit in the old 'hood, crash Friday night study, get to a service at ERBF, give some business to our favourite mechanic/chiro/dentist/dr/esthetician/costoc/superstore, meet lil' P.D., hang with our smallest cuz/nephew, and see all my girly friends!

The We Yah Hani Nah festival was fantastic, the boys had fun in Hawaii (even surfed a tsunami), and my new eyes are doing just fine... I could read the 20/20 line off the chart at work today.

Our drive north was smooth sailing with clear roads and great weather, I had quiet passengers plugged into their movies/tunes and my bestest co-pilot Mrs. L.F. kept it all together. I was feeling a bit stressed before we left with my LOADED to the max truck and B's motorcycle on the rental trailer. I am sure we were quite the sight; got a few strange looks as we pulled into the Time Hortons en route.

I may get some pics on here soon. My laptop is down and out for a bit but B said 'I'll look at it this weekend' unless something else comes up. We had warm 14C sunny skies today, maybe it will stick around for the weekend. The motorcycle needs to go for a spin and the boys are looking to ride the quad on the beach. I just want a Saturday morning to sleep in!

Glad to be back in our quiet little town :) right back to school and work for us all. Can't believe it is almost Easter... Last year we found chocolate eggs in Princeton, now maybe this year at North Beach?
n

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was great to see you again. I'm glad that you're enjoying life up there. Maybe in a few years when the kids are out of my hair (it's not that far away - 10 years can go pretty fast) I'll apply to teach somewhere remote and Graeme can get his wish to be far away from it all.

Miss you,
Maria:o)