Monday, February 2, 2009

odds and ends

I feel like I have been neglecting my faithful blog readers (dad) with exciting things to tell you all :) life is getting usual, normal, a wee bit busy...

Here is what I can come up with:

1. I can't even start to explain how wonderful it is to work 2 mins from home. I leave the house at 7:56 to start at 8:00. Awesome. One thing I have found I need to creatively add into my daily work schedule is grocery shopping. Before work the Co-op is closed and it locks up at 6pm so there is no after dinner shopping time. I am going to try to get there tomorrow over my lunch hour. I will come home to meet the boys for lunch, run over to the store to get a few things for dinner, drop it off at home, and get back to work. A 2 min commute is where it's at!

2. I am having some issues with my knee. I have never had a knee injury before so this is cramping my style. I tweaked it at bball about 6 weeks ago and it has not let up. I find it strange that I can still do my thing (running, bball, volleyball) and it doesn't hurt a bit but if I sit for a while it seizes up and I put on my old lady walk. not good.

3. D makes the very best-est choco chip cookies. Amazing how when you follow the recipe exactally, they turn out fantastic.

4. On the weekend I made a deer recipe I got for Christmas. The best part was the marinating deer in red wine over night. delicious.

5. B's youth wrestling class starts up tomorrow. It will run tues/thurs from 6:00-7:00 for all you local peeps reading this. call QCIrec to resister. The good deal I found on some new wrestling mats turned out to be a no-deal. They had 'incorrect' online pricing. When I saw the online price was different from their hard copy catalogue price, I placed my order online and got a confirmation of the purchase. They called me a few days later to say the actual price was $70 more/mat, the catalogue price. I have had a few emails with the guy but they are not backing down. Any suggestions? We are planning to down size our order and tie the mat boxes to the roof of the truck to save the $350 shipping cost.

6. We made scallops for dinner! The neighbours were out at the beach on Sunday and gave us some to try. They were almost as big as the palm of my hand. B had about 6 big ones and the boys and I shared the rest. We will have to get out there one time and do our own scallop picking along the beach.

7. There is no turning back to regular gaming once you have played XBox live. The boys are looking for some 'friends' to verse (that is what they call it).

8. On Sunday night we went to M's mom's house and had a Sushi spread like I have never seen before. There must have been 200 Sushi pieces with all sorts of local seafood. J was looking for the Chicken Teriyaki Roll.

That's all I can think of right now... signing off, I'm tired :)
n

2 comments:

MamaZ said...

I thought I had the best commute at 10 minutes, but you got me beat. Now you know one of the reasons why I enjoy my quiet little town. Always great to hear from you, Nicole.

Shar Warkentin said...

Thanks for the update Nicole ... I always enjoy checking out your blog while I break for lunch! :)
Looking forward to seeing you! Shar