Tuesday, February 17, 2009

sick days to get things done

Sunday was a glorious sunny, clear day with a gentle cool breeze that I felt through the cracked open window...I was down and out with the flu all day. I can't remember the last time I spent the whole day under the covers. Good thing it was the weekend and B could run the show. By mid day, D had joined me in the sick bed. We were a sorry sight.

Just to back up to Saturday: we went out to look at a few places for sale. Really not much to pick from if we do not want a PMQ (the cookie cutter base house)... just looking to see what's out there. That evening the boys were both invited to buddies houses for a sleepover. B and I had our first evening out with no kids! We went to a potluck dinner with some co-workers of mine at this quaint little house on the water. It was right in town but the entire backyard was a front row panorama view of Masset Inlet. I think there are a few empty lots along the water, we could set up a Princeton-style cabin and watch the waves go by... After dinner we went to a fundraising event for a group called Tidal Elements which provides programs for Tahayghen students to do some hands-on learning. It is a one day/week program that started just before we moved here; this year the kids are planning, designing, and building a playground structure. Pretty neat.

Yesterday I was feeling better but D was still sick. Nothing like a quiet day with the 'baby' sleeping to get much needed house work done. I was moving at a considerably slower pace having zero energy and minimal food intake the past 24 hours.

Today is day 3 of D sick. He is starting to eat some plain rice-krispees and toast, drinking ginger-ale but he has no energy to get off the couch. At least the bucket does not have to be right beside him anymore.

And to update the 3rd dog story, the puppy followed B all the way to work the next day and sat outside of his office whining and barking. One of the nurses on her way to work saw them and commented to me how cute that puppy was following my husband walking to work...wagging his tail, running circles. The city was called and someone came to get the dog. B was pretty grumpy for the next couple days, I will leave it at that.

No comments: