Friday, November 21, 2008

First snowfall of the year

This morning I looked out the window and saw white stuff... not sure if this is a strange happening this time of year or not?? Snow covered the truck, grass, road, rooftops.... I was impressed with the 'stickability'. The boys went downstairs to get their snow boots to find they were too small (why I thought last years would fit I'm not sure) so they wore their new 'quading, hunting, hiking,' boots and it seemed to do the job. I took the dogs out about 10am and it was now raining, much harder than it looked, and my pants were soaked in minutes. My rain jacket got 2 thumbs up and my new rubber boots with a drawstring at the top and thick felt liners also got 2 thumbs up. We had a good walk. Sofie went crazy running in the snow but I had to keep Wrestler on leash, he is still hobbling on 3 legs. The meds are in the mail from our vet (Wrestler says thanks nana and papa beard) so he will be feeling better soon.

With wet pants in hand I went downstairs to do a load of laundry to find water on the floor close to the washer/dryer. I put on my plumber hat and found no leak at the laundry tub, no leak on the washer, no leak in the roof... I pulled the dryer away from the wall and the vent hose looked a bit weighted. It was full of water! The dryer vent is literally at ground level outside so the melting snow and rain water was flowing into the basement. It didn't help that the roof gutter was overflowing directly above the dryer vent too.

Then I put on my landscaper hat and dug a trench in the sloppy backyard to try and get the water flowing away from the house. Hopefully that helps.

I have been doing well at staying with my exercise routine (now that the dogs can not run with me, I am not running in rough weather anymore) so I headed to the treadmill at the gym. However, on the way there I put on my ambulance driver hat and gave a ride to a teenage girl who got hit by a van in town. I didn't see it happen but her boyfriend(?) was with her and the driver of the van. She did something to her foot, maybe broken, not sure.

I made it to the gym and did my run and came home for lunch. J was supposed to have a volleyball game in Port this afternoon but it got called off this am, something about buses in the snow in Port had problems.

By 3pm the snow was %90 gone... I wonder if it will snow again tonight?

2 comments:

afterthoughtcomposer said...

Thanks so much for your comment on my blog! So fun to know that there are people interested in my wee quest. You piqued my curiosity though: I'd love to hear one of your favorite recipes (if you don't mind sharing one) so I can try it myself. You wear so many hats and seem to be good at all of them; I'm assuming your "chef/kitchen guru" hat fits just as nicely!

Have an amazing day!
ashley

HeatherLovesLife said...

There seems to be no end of things to do - adventure around every corner. Love it.