Tuesday, November 18, 2008

a busy weekend

J went on his first hunting trip last weekend. They packed up Saturday morning with the quad, sleeping gear, a tent, a cooler with food and under sunny skies they headed out. They drove 3 hrs to 'some great hunting place out there' and unloaded at a hunting cabin equipped with bunks, a wood stove, plates/cutlery, spices... it sounded like luxury 'camping' to me. Ben said he did not know what time they packed it in on Saturday but they were out on the quads late into the night and up early again Sunday morning. They were home Sunday evening with muddy quads and 4 deer strapped down on the trailer. It was a successful outing.

D and I had a quiet weekend: did some bikeriding, crafting, movie watching... on Sunday I played in a basketball game with the village womens team against a jr boys team. It was good to get out there for a run and my foot 'issue' didn't cause too much trouble. And since I played bball (I had not done that in over a year) I figured I should give volleyball a try too. Last night was drop in at the high school so I went to check that out... I have not played in over 10 years. I think I did ok; but by the end of the night I came to the conclusion that to go for a ball which requires a knee to hit the ground , it is a painful move to get back up. I may have stated in the past that knee pads are 'whimpy' so I guess I will be sporting purple knees if I keep playing. If my feet moved a bit faster, I could get to the ball and not have to put a knee down... not going to happen!

No comments: