Saturday, February 27, 2010

bad knees

B and I both saw the ortho doc this week; B is on the list for arthroscopic knee surgery (for his non-bionic or original knee) and it sounds like I have a partial ACL tear that could well heal on its own in 3-6 months. I have a referral for an MRI but in the meantime I will get to know the new physiotherapist (starting next month) and get serious about rehab. Still no game playing for me till I feel stable on me knee. nuts.

And in regards to the tsunami advisory today, there is a warning to stay off the beach in case of a high tide when it is not supposed to be high tide. We now have our evacuation gear easy to find in the basement and as long as we remember to grab the dog food, the 18L water jug, put on a jacket and good shoes, and raid the pantry on the way out the door, we will be fine.

Looking forward to a great hockey game tomorrow!



2 comments:

Norma Hill - aka penandpapermama said...

ah... tsumani warnings... many happy memories of afternoons spent visiting every body in town atop garbage dump hill!
Enjoying your reports! thanks for the pictures too!

Unknown said...

Yes, I was thinking of you when I heard the warnings about tsunami. Glad you are ready!
I knew it was your ACL. Glad it's not torn right off. Mind you, a loose one is no better. I hope that rehab works.
Maria:o)