Saturday, August 8, 2009

Family Time

Well the family arrived in full force last weekend. My parents drove up, (they are here for 3 weeks and are renting their own PMQ) and my brother with preggo sis-in-law and little J flew up along with Opa (the GREAT grandpa) for a 4 day visit.


Papa and little J taking a walk.
Opa, my dad and I at the beach

At the same time, B's side of the family stayed at our place for their 5 day adventure. There was Grandma, auntie, uncle, 2 cousins and the dog. They never stopped. We barely got in the door from a morning out crabbing and Grandma says 'So what are we doing next? Are you ready to go yet? Where can I go shopping?' We sent her off to Fields and she came home with a bagfull of stuff.

We ate A LOT of crab.

The kids crabbed, quadded, snorkled and surfed like pros.
J and R had fun hanging out.
We also witnessed our first truck being lost to the ocean. We were out crabbing one foggy morning: I did not see the water line till I was about 20 ft away so I pulled a U-turn and headed back for a higher ground. We came upon this guy trying to shovel himself out of the wet sand just a few feet from the low tide line. Things went from bad to worse as the tide started to come in. We pushed, some guys from Smithers on quads pulled, then a truck with Alberta plates came along but by then the water was coming under the truck and he was sinking deeper. It was a case of a bunch of tourists trying to help this guy but they didn't have a local know-how to do it. I showed the video to our neighbour and he says 'what was the problem? I could have got him out'. I left my truck up on the sand bar. No way I was going out there to get stuck beside this guy too :)

No comments: