Saturday, August 8, 2009

A drive to the East Side

Last week, before all the family started arriving, the boys and I went out to Rose Spit and East Beach with some local friends for the day. This destination is probably the most 'out there' place I would ever go without B along and I would never go without another vehicle. We were going to pick wild strawberries but once the kids got into the water looking for crabs, there was no going pickin'. I did not know that the East side was closed to non-natives so my card carrying boys caught lunch for the gang.

There was good crab hunting in the tidal pools.

A feast on the beach!


And when the tide came in, the sand bar was a good runway from the warm tidal pool water to the cooler ocean water.


Unfortunately, J felt the wrath of a jelly fish and he was quite uncomfortable the ride back home.

No comments: