Monday, April 19, 2010

Dinner Menu SOS

I had a great day today, baking bread with my buddy K across the circle. We made one batch in the bosch and one by hand. She had some multigrain flour to make uber healthy bread and her oven worked 10x better than mine. We made about a dozen loaves and 2 doz buns.


So I went over to pick up some of the bread this afternoon after it had all cooled and she is cooking the most fantastic smelling/looking dinner; lots of veggis, spices, saucy meat. She said that lots of the ingredients she had to buy off-island but it looked like it was worth the effort. I complained I was going home to make meat and potatoes and I didn't even want to eat it.

Any good recipes with curry, something Thai, maybe Indonesian... send me a link to a great recipe online if you got one :) if there are weird spices I am sure I can raid a few cupboards to find what I need; odd vegetables are harder to find. I think the boys are even ready to try some new flavors. As long as dinner includes a meat group, B is up for it too.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I miss your face :)
I like this stew - it's a little different than the usual, but not hard to find ingredients.
http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/perfect-winter-beef-stew-90514.aspx

I have some spicy curried beef recipes that I can email to you. I'll try and get on that. :)

nicole said...

thanks Maria; I will try it out.
I miss your laugh :)

rachel joy said...

do you already have those kind of spices? If so, Epicure has lots of recipes for that kind of cooking ... www.epicureselections.com. You could even do a catalogue party to get a bunch of great spices. Our prices are great and there's lots of variety.