Friday, July 24, 2009

I would rather be...

rolling pennies
peeling potatoes
pitting cherries
looking for the special lego piece in D's collection of 1000's.

the list could go on... but when there are 2 bags full of delicious cooked crab in the fridge, they must be shelled, packed, frozen and saved for another day. Apparently I should be canning it. no thanks. too much prep work for me. My back is killing me standing over the sink that long. B's pliers came in quite handy though.

I spent hours yesterday cleaning out the freshly caught and cooked batch; I made a hot crab dip and an orzo/veggi/crab salad to take to K's birthday party, where we ate even more crab... I got the leftovers to take home.

I have been using www.allrecipes.com for my crab and halibut recipes. Didn't even think to look on the oracle of all wonderful recipes www.mennonitegirlscancook.blogspot. Since when do us mennos cook seafood? My mom never did :) I just looked on there and there are a few. hmm. I guess we can.

No comments: