Saturday, December 13, 2008

December update

It has been over a week since the last post... I guess I have not been at the computer much lately :) Should I dare say I've been 'busy'? The evenings of the first week of December I had volleyball, basketball, a PAC meeting and a family Wii nite. I also had to finish weaving a basket, figure out my Christmas card picture, and get ready for my parents visit! Last weekend we drove out to North Beach with a few other beach rigs to have a hot dog roast and do some agate picking. It was a non-windy day, overcast clouds, about 7C; hard to believe it was December.

My parents arrived on Wednesday and we are having a good time. We've baked pies, (Wrestler got 90% of the cherry pie one afternoon when we were out), played cards, went for a walk in the rain, had lunch at Seabreeze... seen all my daily stops around town. Yesterday we had D's b-day party and it was quite the housefull! He had 3 of his buddies over for burgers/hot dogs/chocolate mousse cake (that my mom brought from PoMo) and we watched the new Narnia movie.

This morning it was crisp and clear and we had lots to do since today was Christmas at our house! B made a big breakfast then we (everyone but J and B) checked out the craft sale in the village and the one in town, back home for lunch, put the turkey in the oven, and then we went out to Tow Hill to see the blow hole at high tide and drive North Beach for a bit. High tide was a couple hours ago so it should be ok....sure it was windy and cold but the sky was blue. A great outside day! At the trailhead to get on the beach the water was still high. The wind was howling the waves were crashing in, there was no beach to drive on and the high water had totally eroded the trailhead onto the beach; it was barricaded with logs and stumps... no driving today.



So off to the hiking trail and the blow hole we went. The trees were swaying, branches were flying, Wrestler jumped into the river and 2 mins after had ice forming on his fur... no hiking either. We stopped at Agate beach and found a wind protected place to check out the wave/wind action. B made us a fire but we could hardly feel it. The boys found a few agates and razor clam shells. Did I say it was really cold and windy??

Back home for our turkey feast. Nana was surprised at how much J ate. He is as tall as her now so he must be growing! We gave/opened gifts (the boys were excited to give theirs, they worked hard on them :) finished the apple pie and b-day cake, played some more cards and now the guys are racing in some Xbox game, nana is reading and I get to send a blog.
So that is the last 12 days around here.
This December I have missed my baking days, wreath making, cookie exchange, 'moms and kids' party with my friends....miss you girls.
But we've got a few cards in the mail this week and I put some decorations up around the house so it is starting to feel like Christmas around here. It is has been cold and icy; it definitely feels like winter. There is one more week of school and the boys have a Christmas concert on Thursday evening and a big breakfast at school on Friday. B has almost 2 weeks off over Christmas/New Years and we will be heading to Rupert to visit the family there.
that's all for now,
XO n

No comments: