Saturday, October 2, 2010

Buns in the oven

The whole wheat kind: some pizza pretzles and some pull apart bread/buns. So I got to be quick here. Since it has been months since posting I thought I should give a shout out that all is well.
B is off in the bush today with a buddy checking out the hunting situation. It is still a bit early I think to shoot anything, it needs to be cool for the meat to hang (apparently it will hang in the shed beside the bikes which I need to get at almost daily, nice). I think they are going to sight in their rifles and shoot targets. This morning the boys have competed their Saturady chores; bathrooms, sweeping upstairs, chop wood, laundry. After my buns are done I will walk to the store to get some fixings for burgers. Always thinking about the next feeding frenzy around here.

School is going great for the boys. J is right into the grade 8 high school routine with a crazy block rotation I can not figure out and D is doing the grade 7 thing. The kickboxing group has been a bit smaller the past few weeks (about 14 people) but that is good; more space to do new drills. I just finished a 3 week full time stint at work. And I am looking forward to my 2 weeks off in November when I go to Germany with LF and Lucas. So excited! I am refreshing my German from college days with a book from the library. Das ist goot, yah?

And we moved the end of August... that is big news! We bought a stand along PMQ with a huge yard and a great sunny location. This house is so warm compared to our old rental. And the wood stove is a fantastic too! It has been so dry/sunny all summer and now even into Fall. Just that one wild storm last weekend that teased us with what is to come over the winter months. My mom came for a quick visit 2 weekends ago and she filled the freezer with buns and helped me paint the boys bedrooms. Glad to have that done. The big project over winter is to get a fence built. Good thing we have some child labour to help.

got to check the buns!
later,
nicole

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Let us all know what ends up hanging in the shed with the bikes... that is too funny. Put up a picture of your new house.