Monday, November 9, 2009

The cake flopped :(

I thought the Chocolate Orange Cake looked a bit off. I've made it a 100 times before. When I took it out of the oven it was not quite the right height and the colour was a bit lighter than usual, but the knife came out clean even after an hour in the oven so I thought it was good to go. I wanted to taste it but how can you sneak a piece from a bundt cake without birthday boy saying 'who ate my cake?' It could have been our shotty oven, the tin-y bundt pan I borrowed from the neighbours or maybe the Co-op sale eggs... I served the first piece to B and almost cried. I had invited some of our peeps over and they were all very gracious is saying the cake was 'kinda like fudge cake', 'it's not so bad', or 'it doesn't look raw'. I was so embarrassed. End of story.

No comments: